- Granting Agency: USDA – Rural Utilities Service
- Appropriation Amount: $5,000,000
- Grant Amount: Up to $100,000, no match
- Announcement Date: August 10, 2021
- Closing Date: June 30, 2022
Purpose: RMAP supports the development and ongoing success of rural Microentrepreneurs and Microenterprises, each as defined in 7 CFR 4280.302. The regulation can be accessed online at https://www.ecfr.gov. To accomplish this purpose, RMAP provides direct loans and grants to Microenterprise Development Organizations (MDO). Grant funds are used by the MDO to provide technical assistance and entrepreneurship training to rural individuals and businesses.
- Grants are available to provide technical assistance to rural micro-entrepreneurs or microenterprises, up to $205,000 annually. Funding at the requested level is not guaranteed, and at least 15 percent matching funds are required.
- Loans of $50,000 to $500,000 may be used for establishing a Rural Microloan Revolving Fund managed by the Microenterprise Development Organization. Total aggregate debt is capped at $2.5 million.
- Private institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
You can contact program staff at email@example.com.