- Granting Agency: U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Appropriation Amount: $2,000,000
- Grant Amount: Award Ceiling $400,000, Award Floor $150,000, no match
- Announcement Date: May 28, 2021
- Closing Date: July 12, 2021
Purpose: Provide state and local governments with assistance to help implement enforcement and education programs, with the goal of preventing drowning and drain entrapments of children in pools and spas.
1) At least 50% of the funding must be used to hire and train enforcement personnel for implementation and enforcement of standards under the state or local swimming pool and spa safety law; and
2) The remainder may be used to:
a. educate pool construction and installation companies and pool service companies about the standards;
b. educate pool owners, pool operators, and other members of the public about the standards under the swimming pool and spa safety law and about the prevention of drowning or entrapment of children using swimming pools and spas; and
c. defray administrative costs associated with such training and education programs.
Eligible Applicants: State, County, City, or Township Governments