- Granting Agency: Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Violence Against Women (OVW)
- Appropriation Amount: $1,000,000
- Grant Amount: Maximum Funding Amount $1,000,000, No match
- Announcement Date: April 28, 2021
- Closing Date: JustGrants deadline: June 10, 2021, Grants.gov deadline: June 3, 2021
National Tribal Clearinghouse of Sexual Assault (NTCSA) Solicitation
Purpose: OVW grants support coordinated community responses to hold offenders accountable and serve victims.
Pursuant to Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021, Pub. L. No. 116-260, funds under this program must be used for one or more of the following purposes:
Develop and maintain a website;
Provide TTA, including web-based training, regional, or national training, and/or on-site TTA, to a variety of audiences such as tribal and non-tribal victim service providers/organizations that work with significant numbers of AI/AN populations, both in Indian country and in urban areas (e.g., hospitals, schools, courts, victim and social services, law enforcement, prosecution offices, etc.);
Develop a project that addresses the unique cultural and traditional needs of AI/AN sexual assault victims; and
Develop and/or strengthen effective training to improve tribal medical responses (e.g., SANE programs), sexual assault advocacy, systemic responses to sexual assault (CCR, SART, etc.), and criminal justice responses.
Note: Applicants must be willing to work closely with OVW on the implementation of their projects, including the possibility of modifying project activities to more appropriately meet the needs of tribal communities and AI/AN victims.
(1) Nonprofit organizations with the capacity to provide nationwide tribal training and technical assistance (TTA): and
(2) Institutions of higher education, including tribal colleges and universities, with the capacity to provide nationwide tribal TTA.