- Granting Agency: Dept. of Transportation – Federal Transit Administration
- Appropriation Amount: $1,100,000,000
- Grant Amount: Variable, 10% – 15% Match
- Announcement Date: March 7, 2022
- Closing Date: May 31, 2022
Purpose: The purpose of the Low-No Program is to support the transition of the nation’s transit fleet to the lowest polluting and most energy efficient transit vehicles. The Low-No Program provides funding to state and local governmental authorities for the purchase or lease of zero-emission and low-emission transit buses, including acquisition, construction, and leasing of required supporting facilities.
Eligible projects include:
- purchasing or leasing low- or no-emission buses
- acquiring low- or no-emission buses with a leased power source
- constructing or leasing facilities and related equipment (including intelligent technology and software) for low- or no-emission buses
- constructing new public transportation facilities to accommodate low- or no-emission buses
- rehabilitating or improving existing public transportation facilities to accommodate low- or no-emission buses
Eligible Applicants: The Low-No Program provides funds to designated recipients of FTA grants, including states, local governmental authorities and Indian Tribes.
- View the April 2018 National RTAP Webinar: FTA Low No Emissions Program Grant Writing
- FTA contracts with the National Renewable Energy Lab to evaluate zero-emission bus research and demonstration projects.
- FTA hosted webinars on deploying low- or no-emission buses that feature speakers from agencies that have been successful in introducing zero-emission buses, including recipients of FTA’s Low-No grants.
- February 1, 2017 – Center for Transportation and the Environment
- January 24, 2017 – CALSTART
You can contact program staff at Amy Volz, Office of Program Management, 202-366-7484 or email@example.com. Other contacts and information can be found in the NOFO or FAQ.