Help for Alaskans
Many Alaskans have benefited directly from ARPA relief. The most recent total from the Treasury Department indicates that 347,856 thousand Alaskans have received a total of $859 million.
Here are some programs, including tax credits, that will benefit individual Alaskans and households.
- The AK Housing Finance Corp. is accepting new applications for Homeowner Assistance Relief beginning February 28, 2022 providing assistance to help homeowners avoid mortgage delinquencies and foreclosures, as well as past due property taxes and loss critical utilities for eligible applicants who meet the federal requirements – February 25, 2022.
- Affordable Connectivity Program – Assistance on Broadband Services and discounts on hardware. Many Alaskans are eligible for $75/month support on their internet bill, especially in rural parts of the state.
- Child Tax Credit Update Portal
- Child Tax Credit non-filer Sign up Tool
- Child Tax Credit eligibility assistant
- Funeral Assistance due to COVID-19
As the State, tribal, and/or local governments announce grant programs for individuals, this page will be updated to reflect how to access those. This may extend to housing, utility, and childcare assistance.