Help for Alaskans
Many Alaskans have benefited directly from ARPA relief. The most recent total from the Treasury Department indicates that 347,856 thousand Alaskans have received a total of $859 million.
Here are some programs, including tax credits, that will benefit individual Alaskans and households.
- AHFC will accept new applications for Rent Relief beginning September 13, providing up to three months of assistance to eligible applicants who meet the federal requirements.- September 7, 2021.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture will permanently increase SNAP benefits beginning October 1, 2021 – August 17, 2021
- The CDC issued a new eviction moratorium– August 3, 2021
- Emergency Broadband Benefit Program – Assistance on Broadband Services and discounts on hardware.
- Child Tax Credit Update Portal
- Child Tax Credit non-filer Sign up Tool
- Child Tax Credit eligibility assistant
- Funeral Assistance due to COVID-19
As the State, tribal, and/or local governments announce grant programs for individuals, this page will be updated to reflect how to access those. This may extend to housing, utility, and childcare assistance.