- Granting Agency: Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Appropriation Amount: $15,000,000
- Grant Amount: Award Ceiling $50,000, Award Floor $10,000, Match 1:1
- Announcement Date: May 26, 2021
- Closing Date: June 28, 2021
Purpose: The IMLS American Rescue Plan grants program supports museum and library services in addressing community needs created or exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic and in assisting with recovery. Projects may continue, enhance, or expand existing programs and services, or they may launch new ones to address emergent needs and unexpected hardships.
Strengthen the institutional capacity of museums, libraries, and related organizations to respond to community needs quickly, effectively, efficiently, and responsibly.
1) Advance digital inclusion through approaches that may include, but are not limited to, improving digital platforms, online services, connectivity (e.g., hotspots), and creating digital literacy programs, as well as creating new processes and procedures needed to sustain a robust online environment.
2) Support hiring new staff and training or retraining existing staff to ensure a workforce that has the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Build community-focused partnerships, networks, and alliances with organizations such as other nonprofits, school systems, service organizations, community groups, government agencies, and institutions of higher education with an emphasis on complementing, rather than duplicating, resources and services.
1) Increase the ability of museums, libraries, and related organizations to deliver programs and services that contribute to the well-being of families, groups, and individuals of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
2) Support the creation and delivery of online and in-person educational, interpretive, and experiential programs and exhibitions for learners of all ages.
3) Provide trusted spaces for community engagement and dialogue to foster recovery and rebuilding.
4) Support efforts to collect, preserve, manage, and interpret documentary sources and tangible objects representing all aspects of the COVID-19 pandemic experience.
Museum Entity, a library entity, a Federally Recognized Tribe, or a Nonprofit Organization that primarily serves and represents Natives as outline in the NOFO