This is a summary of Federal and State grant opportunities, relevant to Alaskans. This collection of grants continues to be updated. Grants specific to tribal governments can be found here.
For the most comprehensive and detailed list of grant opportunities for transportation projects, see the Alaska Transportation Funding Opportunity Hub.
Updates directly from the U.S. Dept. of Transportation can be found here.
- Granting Agency: Environmental Protection Agency
- Appropriation Amount: $40,000,000
- Grant Amount: $500,000 – $4,000,000
- Announcement Date: November 14, 2022
- Closing Date: January 16, 2023
- Granting Agency: Dept. of Energy
- Appropriation Amount: $500,000,000
- Grant Amount: TBA
- Announcement Date: Late November, 2022
- Closing Date: TBD, 2022/23
- Granting Agency: Rural Development, USDA
- Appropriation Amount: $59,000,000 (FY21)
- Grant Amount: Varies by project, Dependent on population & mean income
- Closing Date: Rolling, as long as funds are available
- Granting Agency: Department of Homeland Security – FEMA
- Appropriation Amount: $2,295,000,000
- Grant Amount: <$2 Million Federal Share
- Announcement Date: September 30, 2022
- Closing Date: December 27, 2022 for Alaska sub-applicants; January 27, 2023 for directly applying tribes
- Granting Agency: Economic Development Administration (EDA), U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC)
- Appropriation Amount: $2,500,000
- Grant Amount: Award Ceiling $1,500,000 (Recent awards averaged $200,000 to %$500,000), no match, encourages cost sharing
- Announcement Date: June 9, 2021
- Closing Date: There are no submission deadlines under this NOFO. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the termination of this NOFO or publication of a superseding RNTA NOFO.