- This event has passed.
ArcticX Summit: Commiting to a Sustainable Arctic
May 23, 2022 @ 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Join the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) for ArcticX—an InnovationXLab series exploring the Arctic’s largely untapped potential to serve as a living laboratory of clean energy innovation.
- Nov. 17, 2021—Webinar: Arctic Infrastructure and Deployment Opportunities
- Jan. 26, 2022—Webinar: Energy Justice in the Arctic
- April 6, 2022—Webinar: Doing Business with DOE in the Arctic
- May 23, 2022—In-person Summit in Anchorage, Alaska: Committing to a Sustainable Arctic
Co-hosted by the Office of Technology Transitions and the Arctic Energy Office, ArcticX will showcase U.S. leadership in energy innovation and commercialization. It will also highlight the resourcefulness and resilience that define this traditionally underserved but strategically important region.
The series of events will bring together diverse Arctic stakeholders, including Alaska Natives, with industry entrepreneurs, university and laboratory researchers, and government leaders to:
- Discuss energy challenges, innovative solutions, and technology deployment opportunities
- Further existing energy projects
- Learn about funding opportunities
- Hear from organizations advancing clean energy in the Arctic
- Network with other Arctic stakeholders and visit key places in Alaska
- Explore Arctic energy transition pathways
Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, Interior Secretary Deb Haaland, and Deputy Secretary of Energy David Turk kicked off the series on Nov. 17, 2021, with a virtual panel discussion and focus on arctic infrastructure and deployment opportunities.