- Granting Agency: Rural Development, USDA
- Appropriation Amount: $25,000,000
- Grant Amount: <$150,000
- Announcement Date: March 14, 2022
- Closing Date: May 23, 2022
Purpose: The Agency will make grants to public bodies and private nonprofit corporations, (such as States, counties, cities, townships, and incorporated towns and villages, boroughs, authorities, districts, and Indian tribes on Federal and State reservations) to provide associations Technical Assistance and/or training with respect to essential community facilities programs. The Technical Assistance and/or training will assist communities, Indian Tribes, and Nonprofit Corporations to identify and plan for community facility needs that exist in their area. Once those needs have been identified, the Grantee can assist in identifying public and private resources to finance those identified community facility needs.
Funds can be used to:
- Assist communities in identifying and planning for community facility needs;
- Identify resources to finance community facility needs from public and private sources;
- Prepare reports and surveys necessary to request financial assistance to develop community facilities;
- Prepare applications for Agency financial assistance;
- Improve the management, including financial management, related to the operation of community facilities; or
- Assist with other areas of need identified by the Secretary.
- Public bodies
- Non-profit organizations
- Federally Recognized Tribes
There are two types of applicants. They are Technical Assistance Providers and Ultimate Recipients. Generally speaking, both types of applicants must be a public body, nonprofit corporation, Federally Recognized Indian Tribe or Indian Tribe located on Federal and State reservations.
You can contact program staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.