- Granting Agency: State of Alaska, DHSS
- Appropriation Amount: $73,681,653
- Eligible Applicants: TBD by the State of Alaska, DHSS
- Announcement Date: TBD by the State of Alaska, DHSS
- Closing Date: TBD by the State of Alaska, DHSS
Purpose: Stabilization of State Child Care Program
Provide childcare assistance to health care sector employees, emergency responders, sanitation workers, and other workers deemed essential during the response to coronavirus.
- Qualified childcare providers expenses
- Personnel costs, including payroll and salaries or similar compensation for an employee (including any sole proprietor or independent contractor), employee benefits, premium pay, or costs for employee recruitment and retention.
- Rent (including rent under a lease agreement) or payment on any mortgage obligation, utilities, facility maintenance or improvements, or insurance.
- Personal protective equipment, cleaning and sanitization supplies and services, or training and professional development related to health and safety practices.
- Purchases of or updates to equipment and supplies to respond to the COVID–19 public health emergency.
- Goods and services necessary to maintain or resume childcare services.
- Mental health supports for children and employees.
- Reimbursement of a qualified childcare providers sums obligated or expended before the date of enactment of this Act for the cost of a good or service to respond to the COVID–19 public health emergency.
For more information visit the Division of Public Assistance, Child Care Program Offices webpage at http://dhss.alaska.gov/dpa/Pages/ccare/default.aspx or call (907)269-4500.