- Granting Agency: Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Assistance
- Appropriation Amount: $6,900,000, Affordable Care Act
- Grant Amount: Award Ceiling $150,000, no match
- Announcement Date: May 21, 2021
- Closing Date: July 6, 2021, Grants.Gov, July 20, 2021, JustGrants.
Purpose: Advance work that promotes civil rights, increases access to justice, supports crime victims, protects the public from crime and evolving threats, and builds trust between law enforcement and the community. This initiative seeks to implement transdisciplinary crisis response training to educate and prepare law enforcement and correctional officers so that they are equipped to appropriately interact with people who have behavioral health conditions or disabilities in the course of completing their job responsibilities.
Plan, develop, and deploy a best practice training program for officers that includes their community.
Develop a strategy for deploying officers trained in crisis response during times of crisis.
Evaluate, improve, and sustain community engagement and a best practice program.
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized), State governments, County governments, Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) and
City or township governments